- The boys discuss the Vancouver Canucks COVID outbreak this week and a few of their own thoughts on vaccines.
- The Texas Rangers home opener is allowed a full house for their home opener.
- Connor McDavid gets the maximum NHL fine for an elbowing penalty against Montreal. Wait, the maximum is only $5000??!!
- What’s it like for players to live through the NHL trade deadline, whether they’re on the block or not?
- Jim asks Russ to share some memories about his NHL draft day, going 7th overall to the Leafs in 1983.
- The early, crusty days of Darryl Sutter’s return to Calgary
- The fun of playing NHL hockey in Los Angeles
- The boys both have great personal anecdotes about hanging with actor Tony Danza from “Taxi” and “Who’s the Boss?” fame.
- The legend of Ray Ferraro and “Booze Can,” the hilarious fictional character he played when he and Russ were teammates and roommates.
- Jim grills Russ on who the top 25 NHL players of all time are:
Possible list…1. Gordie Howe2. Wayne Gretzky3. Bobby Orr4. Mario Lemieux5. Maurice “Rocket” Richard6. Bobby Hull7. Jean Beliveau8. Mark Messier9. Guy Lafleur10. Doug Harvey11. Martin Brodeur12. Patrick Roy13. Nicklas Lidstrom14. Sidney Crosby15. Terry Sawchuk16. Ray Bourque17. Steve Yzerman18. Mike Bossy19. Eddie Shore20. Stan Mikita21. Alex Ovechkin22. Jaromir Jagr23. Howie Morenz24. Denis Potvin25. Phil Esposito