- Russ meeting Walter at the 1991 Canada Cup when he and Wayne played together for Team Canada. Walter had great sympathy at that tournament for 18 year old Eric Lindros.
- Going for walks and telling stories with Walter and his friend Charlie Henry.
- They discuss Wayne’s amazing, emotional eulogy.
- How Walter was always inquisitive and genuinely wanted to get to know everyone.
- A great story of Walter’s awkward encounter with another passenger while flying first-class and being excited to go see Wayne break Gordie Howe’s all-time scoring record.
- How Walter wasn’t really a fan of the time Wayne bought him a brand new Cadillac.
- How he loved to take photos…and present them to people
- Emails from people touched by Walter’s life.
- How Russ’ wife, Paris, basically learned the rules of hockey from Walter’s wife, Phyllis.
March 10, 2021
Share this episode